Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Flower and a Blondie For A Special Friend

I surprised one of my good friends with a Macadamian Nut Blondie from Paneras. To make the packaging a little more fancy I made a flower using one of the Big Shot dies. I die cutted several flowers out and layer them on top of each other and used a glue gun to hold them together.

I learned how to make the flower at a class that I took last weekend. I actually learned how to make the flowers a few years ago from the same person that taught me last weekend, but I have not made one for awhile. It was a good refresher and lots of fun to make one again. Here is a close up look of the flower that I made. I love how the flower turned out. It looks pretty hard to make, but is pretty simple to make. It does not take too long either. If you are ever in my neighborhood, stop by and I can show you how to make one. :)
Here is the flower on top of the Blondie.

Diana thought it was a real flower that I attached to it. I guess the flower does look pretty realistic.
Thanks for dropping by today. Sorry I was only able to post once this week. It was a very busy week full of paperwork to do and not much time or energy to do much else. I am so thankful it's the weekend. I hope that all of you are having a relaxing one.

1 comment:

Little C's Creations said...

THis is genius!! Looks so real the flower! Looks like I finally got in, huh? Thanks for the link.

Hugs,
Jen