I was very pleased with the turn out. 15 out of 19 friends that RSVPed showed up. 4 of them had to cancel at the last minute for various reasons. All of us had a great time working on the projects that my friends prepped for us.
My friend Donna was originally the only demo that was going to come to my party, but she asked me if her friend Pat can come to help since my workshop will be such a big one. It went even smoother than usual with both of them there.
The party started off with brief instructions on how to make the projects and with a raffle.
Then were were off to make our projects. I usually have 16-20 friends attend my party and it continues to amaze me how we are able to finish our projects in a timely manner and how there isn't a huge traffic jam with all of us trying to make our projects.
While everyone was hard at work creating, I nicely interupted them to take a picture with them.
After making our projects it came an evening most challenging part of the evening... looking through the catalogs to determine what to order. :) It a bit overwhelming trying to figure out what to order when there is so much stuff that you like. Well, that is at least how I often feel. Before leaving I had each guests take a custard or two to take home.
I surprised both of the demonstrators with a little gift. I made them each a flower and attached it to a "to go" box.
I truly appreciate them for all the hard work, time, and energy that they put into making my party such a success. This my gift from them for being a hostess.
Thanks for sticking around to look my long post.
4 comments:
What a fun party you have thrown!
Kathy
Wow Colleen...THAT is what I call a real party. Bet you all had a blast. How sweet of you to give the demos a little gift and your guests some yummy custard. Can't wait to see what you create with your new stamps.
Good Morning Dear Colleen,
Sure wished I lived nearer to you so I could come to your get togethers it looks so much fun.
Isn't God good? All the time!!
You make such pretty cards and all!
Have a God included day my dear and God bless you!
Hugs,
WOW! What a great looking party. Wish I were there ;o)
Post a Comment