Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Four Day Weekend

When I woke up today I was a bit sad know that my four day weekend is over.  It went by just too fast.  I guess with all the fun that my family and I had together the time just whizzed by.  I hope that all of you had a good weekend whether it was a long one or a regular two day one.  Our fun started off with going to Disneyland with our annual passes after my son got out of school.  Even though we have gone there so many times we still manage to have lots of fun.  Our energy seems to be wearing out a lot faster after each visit.  The highlight of this visit was taking a picture with Daisy Duck (This was only our 2nd time taking a picture with her.), Mickey and Minnie together, and with Mr. Persy (The penguin from Mary Poppins.) My hubby and were also really happy to get to take a picture with Rafiki.
and to sit on the new remodeled "Pirate of the "Caribbean" ride.  On Saturday, we had a very relaxing day and ended it with celebrating Chinese New Year with my side of the family.  Here is a picture of my sisters and I.
We had a delicious 10 course meal together (Here is some of it.),
enjoying each others company, and enjoyed giving each other treats and red packages.




On Sunday after church we went to church we ran errands and relaxed for the rest of the day.  We ate dinner at a local steak house.  We ordered their famous fish and chips and fried chicken dinner.  On the last day of our long weekend, we slept in and went to the Long Beach Aquarium.  We had the best time having the chance to pet the jellyfish, sharks, and stingrays.  Here I am trying to reach for a stingray.
We were also amazed all all the colors of the fish (from red to purple to polka and stripes)


the sea urchins, and the cool looking jelly fish.

We feel so lucky to be able to see so many sea creatures. God's handy works are indeed awesome! Before going home we went out to a Hawaiian restaurant.  Our meals were very ono, but our favorite was the pupu platter (aka as the appetizer).
We were a bit disappointed that they ran out of pineapple cake and haupia (coconut) cheesecake.  We did however order a manju ( sweet potato pastry) "to go."  Before leaving my hubby purchased a beautiful lei that I am hoping to wear for my Hawaiian b-day celebration in April.  :)
Yes, I am planning my waredrobe for it already.  :)  BTW, if any of you in blogland  knows of anyone that knows how to make these leis, please let me know. I did not do much crafting all weekend.    The only thing I worked on were the tags for our Chinese New Year treats.
Here is a close up of it.
I dry embossed the tag on the background.  Then I embossed the dragon and the little girl.  I popped the little girl up so that she looks more realistic. Before gluing the dragon and the girl onto the tag, I colored them with chalk.  (I have not used my chalks for awhile so it was lots of fun coloring with them.) Thanks for sticking around to read this long post.  It's time to eat dinner and start working on some of my swaps.  Happy crafting/stamping!











3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

What awesome pics Colleen...And what yummy food too....

Teri said...

Love the photos you shared of your four day weekend! Looks like all had a grand time!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ummmm, you and your family had a yummy feast. And a lot of goodies too....even Hello Kitty cookies.