Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July


I hope that all of you are having a very Happy 4th of July. We celebrated early yesterday.


My family and I attended my aunt and uncle's annual 4th of July BBQ. All the food was yummy, but my favorite was the stuffed bitter melon and stuffed jalapenos. Not many people like bitter melon, but I have loved it ever since I was little. One of my grandmother's made the best bitter melon dish.

I have not made any patriotic cards or crafting items. The closest one is the red, white, and blue card that I made using the double embossing technique that I made for a friend. I tried out different color combos using the technique, but I think this one looks the best. I will share the other ones I made later this week.

As my family and I celebrate the 4th of July today, we are taking time to praise God for the freedom that we have and to thank Him for the men and women of the past and present that serve/have served our country. We hope that all of you will have some time to reflect too.

No comments: