Thursday, June 21, 2012

This Month's Tea Swap

I hope that all of you are doing well and that you are having a fun and crafty week.  I've been having a very relaxing week, but have not been in the mood to do much crafting.  My MOJO must be on vacation.  Today I would like to share this months tea swap.  This month I was fortunate enough to be paired up with Dori, a very nice person that I had the opportunity to have high tea with last summer when I was on vacation in Hawaii.  (I  was able to have high tea with Dori and 2 other ladies that also participate in the tea swap each month. It's always nice to meet people that you have swapped with.) This months optional theme is to make a "masculine" card which was a bit challenging for Dori and I.  Even though it was a bit of a challenge I think both of our cards came out pretty nice.  This is the card that I made for Dori.


It was not hard to pick out what stamp set I wanted to use since I don't have many masculine ones.  For the the background I brayered it to create a sunset and used one of my craft scissors to make the waves.  I don't use my brayer very often, but when I do I have lots of fun using it.  Here is the card that Dori made for me.



Thanks Dori for the teas and fun card.  It's always extra fun swapping with people that I know.

2 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Fun Cards, Co-Co!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You both did a great job on your masculine cards. I would be challenged too because I find it difficult to make cards for guys.