Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Retirement Party


Yesterday we had a retirement party at work for three staff members that will or have retired.  Two of them will be retiring at the end of this school year and one retired in February.  It was a Mexican theme party.  The social committee I did a fabulous job with all the decorations.


Everything coordinated perfectly.  I especially loved the handmade flowers in the beautiful vases.



We had a catering company that made delicious Mexican food for us.  We had chicken and beef soft tacos, beans, rice, and quesadillas.  For dessert we each had a piece of cake from this beautiful cake.


After the dessert one of our co-workers and the principal "thanked" all of them for their many years of service and commitment to our school family.  They also presented each of them with a gift and a beautiful pot that was decorated with our mascot some some pictures.


It was a bittersweet party.  I will definitely miss my co-workers and friends Virginia and Debbie, but will miss my dearest friend Lorraine the most.


I love them all and work will definitely not be as much fun without them.  I hope that all of you enjoyed this post and the creations that my co-workers made for the party.


1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Wow, the retirees had a GRAND party thrown for them. The decorations are fabulous and of course the cake looks so yummy. I'm licking my chops. LOL