Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Round Two of Blogging for Today

I'm back again! Wow! Two posts in one day. Are you as surprised as I am? Well, I wanted post a few pictures of what I did today. I took a little break from prepping for Christmas and hung out with my good friend Susanna from church. She received a Big Shot recently from her brother as a birthday present and wanted me to show how to use the dies from different companies. It was lots of fun chatting with her and of course using the Big Shot. Zachy and Kylie were in and out of the room that we were in taking turns helping us die cut different items. They had just as much fun as we did. We die cutted these tags and textured them. Then we added an eyelet and tassel to each one.

We also added texture to this blue piece of cardstock using one of my new textured plates. We dry embossed a flower using the Big Shot and thought it be a good combination to put it the piece of CS that we added texture to.

Last but not least we die cutted and put a Hello Kitty together. She is definitely one complicated cat with so many different parts to cut using different colors. It took some time for us to complete her, but it was lots of fun. The whiskers I think was the most complicated. We thought it would be fun to attach her with dimensionsals onto a tag. We were very pleased with how our tag turned out. What do you think?

Susanna and I surprised each other with a RAK. I gave her the Hello Kitty die that we used as well as some ice coffee. She surprised me with some delcious muffins from Panera.

It's always so much fun surprising each other with different RAK. It is espcially fun getting to take a break from all the business and just relax and craft together. Susanna, I hope that you had just as good of time as I did this afternoon.
After she left I decided to finish up 2 cards that I did not finish at an Iris Folding card class that I attended 2 weeks ago. At the class we did the technique using a Christmas tree template, an angel, and a candle. Since I was on a roll and in the mood to craft today I decided to finish the other two cards- one with a star template and one that is an ornament template. The cards look very complicated to make, but they are a lot easier than you think. (All you need is a template of a shape, lots of tape, and lots of strips of paper.) The technique of Iris Folding makes cards look very elegant as you can see. They are even more elegant and beautiful in person.

I hope that you have enjoyed my two posts for today. Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been up to today.

No comments: