Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Reason for the Season

Greetings everyone! I hope that all of you are doing well as Christmas is quickly approaching. Even though you have been busy wrapping presents, making tags, baking, etc. I hope that you have had time to do some crafting and most importantly reflect on the true reason why Christmas is such a special season. I have not had much time to craft, but have been having lots of fun relfelcting on the true meaning of this season. God gave my family and I the opportunity to attend a "Live Navity" with 35 friends from church at a local church. We felt like we got to witness Jesus birth millons of years ago first hand which definitely helped us to reflect on the true meaning of why we celebrate Christmas. It was great to get to wish Jesus a "Happy Birthday" early. After touring all the scenes for the Navity story we hung out with some our friends and had a snack together. It was lots of fun fellowshipping with them over some yummy food. Besides the hotdogs and chips, one of our friends made chocolate dipped marshmellows rolled in pieces of candy cane or coconut. While the kids were eating the adults took turns shopping at the church craft store. We purchased some wooden snowmen and an wooden angel. When came out and showed our friends what we got several of them went inside to purchase some too.
I have not done much crafting/stamping besides making tags to attach the giftbags. Here are some more beautiful hand stamped Christmas cards that I have received. Of course I have enjoyed all the other cards that I have received even though they are not handstamped.

In a previous post, I wrote that I joined a 12 days of Christmas swap. I got to open gifts 3 to 9 from my swap sisters, Jeanne, so far. (We are asked to open one gift a day. It has been very hard for me to not open all of them.) I have 2 more to go. Here are all the awesome goodies that I have been showered with so far. I can't wait to get to open gift 11 and my final gift on Christmas day. Thanks Jeanne for everything that you have given to me so far.

Before I end for today I wanted to share some exciting news with you. My hubby and my two little ones got me a Cricut for Christmas. It just arrived on Saturday so I have not had time to use it yet. Hopefully before I go back to work after new years I will get a chance to play with it. Stay tune for some cool projects that I created using my Cricut. :)
My friend from church is coming over to learn how to use the Big Shot today. I will share with you the things that we create together. Have a great day!

No comments: