Friday, April 6, 2012

A Mini Vacation in San Diego

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. My family and I took a mini 3 day vacation in beautiful San Diego. We got back late Tuesday night.  We all had a very fun and relaxing time.  Here are the highlights of our trip.  Beware... this is a long post so you may want to get a snack and some thing to drink before you start reading.  :) The highlight of our first day of shopping at the outlets and purchasing a fun purse and a few other items for myself and my kids.  We also had a blast taking at visiting a Birch Aquarium

\
.
and taking a stroll at the beach.


The view on the patio of the aquarium was beautiful.  It overlooked the beach.


We ended our first day by eating some yummy seafood.

Before going to our hotel we took a walk on the wharf and went shopping at one of my favorite stores- Crazy Shirt. On our second day we spent the entire day at Legoland.  We have been there many time, what they built with legos never ceases to amaze us.  They have certain buildings in cities such as SF, NY, Vegas, and LA made out of legos along with different famous people such as Elvis and Yoda.  This time around the there were new figures from "Star Wars" built out of legos.


We were lucky to get to see them since they will only be around for a limited amount of time.  We ended our day with eating Japanese food for dinner.




On our final day of our time in SD we went visited the Flower Fields in Carlsbad.  We have visited the fields many times, but we are always impressed by the beauty of the flowers.  I took group pictures of the flowers and took individual ones of each color of the roses along with different flowers that I thought were unique.


 My favorite one of course are the pinkish purple roses.


They even had flowers organized to form an American flag.  Isn't this just too cool?


My kids especially enjoyed playing in Santa's garden and going through the floral maze.  Half way home we stopped at Mrs. Knott's Kitchen for dinner.  Of course my hubby and I enjoyed their famous fried chicken diner which includes 4 pieces of chicken, soup, salad, steamed cabbage and ham, mashed potato, and dessert.




My son ordered a kid's version of ours and my son of course order mac and cheese.  It was the perfect meal to end our mini vacation.  On Wed. and Thurs. we went to Disneyland using our annual passes and spent 12 magical hours there.  We went for that many hours two days in a row because our passes expired today.  Thanks for sticking around to read the enrtire post.  Be sure to come back next week to see what crafty items I have to share. 

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

WOW, nice pictures. Makes me feel like I was there too. Zach and Kylie look so cute walking together. You folks sure ate well. I'm drooling. LOL.