Friday, November 19, 2010

Sanrio's 50th Anniversary

Last Sunday after my family and I got home from our mini vacation in San Diego we went straight to the Sanrio 50th Anniversary event at the Santa Monica Hanger. (We dropped our kids off at my in-law's house first.) I was wowed right when we got to the parking lot. At the entrance was a Hello Kitty car. It was super cute. ( I added getting a Hello Kitty car to my Christmas wishlist as soon as I saw it.)

At the door we were greeted by a huge rainbow with the Sanrio characters in the middle of it.


They did a great job in decorating the Hanger. It had huge balloons in the shape of many of the Sanrio characters. I like Hello Kitty, but my favorite one was the one of the monkey.


The event was set up like a faire. They had games booths where you could win prizes,




food booths,


face painting, a sand art booth, a mini golf course,

and a ferris wheel.

They also had painted murals that you could take pictures in front of



as well as an art exhibit. Here are a some of my favorite pieces of art.





The Hanger is huge, but it was packed with so many people. We were surprised to see so many males at the event keeping their wives or girlfriends company. I got to take pictures with a few more Hello Kitty cars along


with the nerdy Hello Kitty and

Keroppi.

While Benson played the games to help me win some cool prizes (He had to purchase tickets to be able to play in the games.), I waited in line to go shopping at the Sanrio Pop Up store. Here are the prizes that Benson helped me win. It took him several tries to win me the cute bag. At the end before we left he was able to win 3bags.

The line to get to go shopping was a 2 hour wait. We could not believe it. They only let a specific number of people into the store to control the shoplifting. The store had some cute items, but sadly it was not worth the 2 hour wait.






I purchased several items, but the lunch box above with the characters at the Obon festival. We had fun at the event but were super tired at the end of the day. With being away from home for 4 days in SD and attending the Sanrio event, we were so happy to get to go home to sleep in our own beds.

No comments: