Saturday, January 23, 2010

New ATCs and a Gift for a Friend

It's been cold and raining here all week in California. I usually feel extra lazy in this type of weather. I had to push myself a bit to get motivated to work on my ATC swaps that are due very soon. Thankfully Benson helped me cut the cardstock for them which saved me lots of time. By the way, he won't need to help me cut the cardstock anymore for my ATCs because I received the Sizzix die that I ordered that will help me cut the cards- no more measuring. Since he won't need to help me do the cutting, maybe he can help me do the stamping. :) I guess he can still help me die cut the cards out. Here are the two ATCs that I made. For the first one, the people that signed up for the swap was asked to make ATC's that have Riley the Moose on it. (Everytime I see a swap witht this theme I can't help but sign up for it because Riley is such a cutie.)

I stamped snowflakes on the background using my versa mark pad and colored Riley and outlined the snowman using my Copic markers. After cutting the stamped image out I added glitter to the snow, Riley's hat and the snowball that he is holding.
The second one that I did we were asked to make the ATCs with a birthday theme.

I used a rainbow pad to stamp the cupcakes as well as the sentiment in the middle. The cupcakes is from a Stampin Up set called Darling Dots and the sentiment is from a set called Birthday Best. The confetti in the background is from the long time retired set Button Bear. I can't wait until I get the ATC swaps in the mail. I will be sure to post a picture of them when I do.
Last night I made a graduation gift for my friend Vanessa. She graduated from college in December during her Winter quarter. I was meeting with her today so I thought that it would be fun to surprise her with a card and a little treat.

I used a graduation roller from Stampin Up for the side of the card and decided that it would be cute to use the same roller for the sour cream container. The girl stamp is from Me and My Big Idea. I filled the container with some of my favorite Hawaiian cookies. After I sealed it I crimped the edges, added a tag, and tied it up with raffia.
I hope that you have enjoyed your visit for today. I will be back to post a few more things soon. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: