Fran K. from Oahu is my dear friend that organizes the tea swap each month. She is always very creative in thinking of optional themes for us to make the cards in. This month's theme was "fruit puns." I was bit stumped initially about what to make, but once I got an idea of what to make I was on a roll. I made a card in the shape of a watermelon for Miyuki, my tea swap partner for the month.
I used the square lattice embossing folder from SU to create texture for the rhine of the watermelon. I punched out black circles and cut different parts of it off to make the seeds. The senteiment is from an old SU set. After adhering all the pieces together, I used the smallest scallop punch that I have to make it look like someone took a bite into the watermelon. :) I had lots of fun making the card. Besides two tea bags I also sent her some fun crafty items. This is the card and the thoughtful gifts thst Miyuki sent my way.
My apologies for the glare in the picture with the RAK from Miyuki. It was lots of fun swapping with Miyuki. Have a fun and crafty day everyone!



2 comments:
Oh WOW Colleen. You are super clever. That watermelon card is yummiliciously cute. Great idea to cut out the circles to make them look like seeds. They certainly do. Very nice tags from Miyuki too. What a fun swap.
What a great card you created, Colleen! Love it!!
Post a Comment